Saturday, September 17, 2011

I do believe I've found a ramen place that tops Asa Ramen... oh dear, I am smitten...

4681 Convoy St., #1, San Diego, CA 92111
(858)576-7244

Tajima is in San Diego county on Convoy, frequently known as the Asian area in SD, where 99 Ranch Market resides. Their website is here.

I had the opportunity to try the ramen with the house broth, topped with the pork belly fat, sliced pork, seaweed, an egg and green onions! Not only was it plenty of food, but the taste was fantastically flavourful and rich and not overly salty! The piece of dried seaweed was actually a nice touch and you can ask for extra if you like. :)

Another bonus is that they give student discounts!! Just bring your ID with you and set it on the table when you order and they'll knock off a percentage! I don't know if you can top a restaurant that pays attention to the fact that us students are actually kinda poor like we say we are!

I do recommend going early if you don't want to wait. The place does start to fill up at around 6 or 6:30 and if you go at peak hours you might have to wait.

Definitely going back to this ramen house for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment